jcoloccia

Well Known Member
Okay...I've been noticing something since I started building my -7. I know I don't have any special psychic abilities, and I also I'm not particular experienced or adept at building...frankly, I'm kinda' klutzy sometimes. I've been noticing, though, that 9 times out of 10 when I just stick my hand into the bin and grab a bunch of skin rivets (3-3.5, for example), I pull out EXACTLY the right number of rivets...not one more, not one less, but exactly.

What made me really notice this was I just needed maybe 5 rivets but I deliberately grabbed a whole lot more than I needed just to "break the chain", so to speak. After I finished the row I was working on, I continued onto the next row and wouldn't you know it...EXACTLY the right amount to finish off the second row.

Anyone else out there having a similar bizzare experience? I'm formulating a theory that Van's sprinkles his parts with magic dust. This contributes to ease of building, uncanny rivet grabbing, and amazing flight characteristics. Certainly would explain a lot, wouldn't it? :D

Now if only I could get Tinkerbell herself to pay a visit....hubba hubba :cool:

Anyone else out there having a similar bizzare experience? I'm formulating a theory that Van's sprinkles his parts with magic dust.

John, something I'm wondering about. Do you always apply primer in a well-ventilated workspace, using an OSHA-approved respirator?

Just asking :)

Riveting grabbing

After 6000 to 10000 you get good at it I suppose. After 15000-18000, I expect the rivets to buck themselves! :)

flyeyes said:
John, something I'm wondering about. Do you always apply primer in a well-ventilated workspace, using an OSHA-approved respirator?

Just asking :)

LOL...I live in the Antelope Valley. There's nowhere around here that's not well ventilated thanks to the constant 258kt winds (wanna have some fun? Take a flight to Fox Field one day and see what we have to deal with all year long). I DO sometimes apply MEK without a mask sometimes if it's only a teeny tiny little bit. I've noticed I somewhat like the smell. Reminds me of buttered popcorn...also costs about the same as a small bag of popcorn at the theatres these days.

Pixies,God or the Devil?

This topic touches me.....
I am a messy worker but always, always, put my tools back in the same place.
How many times does one go for the bucking bar and its simply no longer there?
My solution is to walk out of the shed, wait, and walk back to where I last used the bar. It has always been returned.

As I now find out, I am not the only one that this happens to and the theory that we have formulated is that God or the Devil is building an RV and is about 5 minutes behind us. This accounts for the tools being borrowed but returned a little later.

How much time would we save if those tools were never borrowed?

Ted Radclyffe said:
This topic touches me.....
I am a messy worker but always, always, put my tools back in the same place.
How many times does one go for the bucking bar and its simply no longer there?
My solution is to walk out of the shed, wait, and walk back to where I last used the bar. It has always been returned.

As I now find out, I am not the only one that this happens to and the theory that we have formulated is that God or the Devil is building an RV and is about 5 minutes behind us. This accounts for the tools being borrowed but returned a little later.

How much time would we save if those tools were never borrowed?

I'm pretty sure God would be building the RV. The devil is busy pounding out 1-squishy-2's.