R

Richard Suffoletto

As my wife was cleaning the blood off the door leading from the garage into the house she said; "Van"s should include medical supplies and a first aid manual with each kit"

usually I try to stop the bleeding before I come into the hosue but I have cut myself so often now that I don't notice it any more. I hope I am not the only klutz with this problem...

Richard

Richard Suffoletto said:
As my wife was cleaning the blood off the door leading from the garage into the house she said; "Van"s should include medical supplies and a first aid manual with each kit"

hahahaha

I noticed some blood on the basement floor the other day and had to laugh. It made me think about adding an injury count to my web site but I couldn't find a good band-aid .gif on the net.

Actually, having worked in manufacturing for the past 11 years, we would live and die by our safety record so it really bothers me when I hurt myself.

Well, I am never gonna say never... but I haven't drilled or cut myself yet.

As an electrician we work with LOTS of sharp edges and I am somewhat aware of my actions.

As a Electrical Instructor, teaching kids aged 14 to 18 the trade I see my share of bloody events! The freshmen cut themselves pretty badly every year! I walk at least one every week down to the school nurse!

The only trade that the school nurse says has more cuts than my shop, is Culinary Arts! I suppose that is because we don't have an airplane shop!

:D CJ

I have a nice #30 diameter scar in my left palm. I'll show it to you someday if you ask...

Badge of honor....:)

Doug, tell me, when you drill your palm... does it bunch up in a circle like when you drill into a carpet or insulation?

:eek: OUCH!!! CJ

A #30 in the index finger. Another of undermined size in the SAME index finger (I learn quick.) And ANOTHER #40 along the side of my thumb. Those wood blocks can only be drilled into so many times before they actually start helping the drill bit find your finger.

My wife still can't figure out why I'm proud of those scars. :)

LOL! Actually I don't remember even feeling it (until a few seconds later). It DID bleed though :eek:

Captain_John said:
Doug, tell me, when you drill your palm... does it bunch up in a circle like when you drill into a carpet or insulation?

:eek: OUCH!!! CJ

While attaching the trim tab hinge on the elevator, have you ever tried to drill through the skin, spar and trim tab hinge and skin again while holding the hinge tightly up against the spar? Need I say more? The second "skin" was my finger--#40 hole right into my index finger! I was kind of proud of that one. Even went in just to show it to the wife. :) It's kind of one of those "you must be an RV builder if...." kind of things!

Oooh Yea. Entry wounds are one thing.....but an exit wound.....*&$#!!ouch!! The ones that hurt the most? When you look at your goof and it doesn't hurt, but you just know what's coming next!

DeltaRomeo said:
LOL! Actually I don't remember even feeling it (until a few seconds later). It DID bleed though :eek:

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Ok, so this may gross some folks out.

Several weeks ago I decided that I should add a new section to my builder's log called "Blood Sweat and Tears". I wanted to remember the physical costs (if only temporary) of building an RV. I cut myself many times before I started doing this, including a nice deep #40 to my left index finger, but I didn't get pictures of the previous incidents.

Go there

I keep a tube of super glue in my shop....it seals up those cuts right away. And, the pain usually goes away, too! It also works great if you miss your finger but happen to cut a hole across the top of a finger nail!!! It really is a miracle band aid.

Captain_John said:
Guess they don't call 'em palm drills for nothing!

Dave