erich weaver

Well Known Member
Patron
My wife bought me a SPOT unit for xmas - so she can check up on me I guess.

Been playing around with it and it seems to work ok, but I dont see any way of deleting any of the messages. I have been using the tracking function on a few local flights, and the Google map quicly becomes quite cluttered - I need to either delete old messages or at least have a way of only displaying the ones from the most recent day. Could it really be that there isn anyway of doing this?

thanks
erich

Kinda

I have a spot and I have not figured out how to delete a waypoint. But waypoints only stay in for 7 days and then they are automatically deleted. Also, you can right click on any waypoint and "Hide" the waypoint - effectively allowing you to concentrate on any one flight in particular.

If someone else knows how to delete them I am interested too...

My wife bought me a SPOT unit for xmas - so she can check up on me I guess.

Been playing around with it and it seems to work ok, but I dont see any way of deleting any of the messages. I have been using the tracking function on a few local flights, and the Google map quicly becomes quite cluttered - I need to either delete old messages or at least have a way of only displaying the ones from the most recent day. Could it really be that there isn anyway of doing this?

thanks
erich

Right clicking and hiding the point only works for a minute or two, afterwhich the view is automatically refreshed, restoring the hidden points. Seems silly...

erich

This may not be the best solution but just go different places within a seven day period.

On the web/menu page, there is an option for 24 hrs., 7 days, and 30 days. You can also just select the boxes for the times you want, instead of all.

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Ahhh.... thank you, that works for me.

Now if they would just make that page from the user account more like the "share" page, with the points listed in a column next to the map view. And fix the "share" page to allow the same 24-hour selection. Heck, just make view from the user account page the same as the share page - keeping the option to make it private/password accessible of course.

Guess I should be bitching to the SPOT folks instead of you all, eh? Well, maybe if they hear it from enough of us...

regards
erich

Ahhh.... thank you, that works for me.

Now if they would just make that page from the user account more like the "share" page, with the points listed in a column next to the map view. And fix the "share" page to allow the same 24-hour selection. Heck, just make view from the user account page the same as the share page - keeping the option to make it private/password accessible of course.

Guess I should be bitching to the SPOT folks instead of you all, eh? Well, maybe if they hear it from enough of us...

regards
erich

Same conclusions I have come to Erich. Louise uses her on her several-times-per-week commute to work, and all the points lay on top of each other on the share page. They need to FIX the share page, and we have told them so by sending in a comment! But they need to hear from more aviators....I think we are a very small part of their market...

Paul

If I remember correctly I believe you can create a new shared page and no points created BEFORE you created that shared page will show up.

I had the same issue early on when I purchased my SPOT unit at OSH last summer.

- Peter