erich weaver

Well Known Member
Patron
Went in to the local Costco on my lunch break and they had the SPOT units for sale.

$150 after mail-in rebate (plus subscription fees)

erich

Went in to the local Costco on my lunch break and they had the SPOT units for sale.

$150 after mail-in rebate (plus subscription fees)

erich
I have not seen it, but a friend bought one and said it included the first years subscription. If so, after the rebate, its the same as the OSH deal - which I took advantage of :D

Hey. I saw spots on sale in US. Currently a $50 mail in rebate from Spot. Seen them lots of places for $149 BEFORE the mail in rebate. Saw one at a marine dealer ( can't recall which) for $89 After mail in rebate. Ps: rebate only applies to US residents

Picked one up for my father-in-law over the weekend. As Roger stated above, the deal includes the subscription fee for one year - the basic $99 service (no tracking.) The price is $200 with a $50 mail-in rebate. You can opt to pay an extra $50 for the tracking service when you register the device online. Either way, you are paying about $50 for the device itself - not quite as sweet as the deal at Osh, but a good deal in any case.

The price is $200 with a $50 mail-in rebate. You can opt to pay an extra $50 for the tracking service when you register the device online. Either way, you are paying about $50 for the device itself - not quite as sweet as the deal at Osh, but a good deal in any case.

Just discovered this afternoon that it did not include tracking, so OSH was indeed the better deal. Frankly tracking is one of the more interesting parts of spot.

I like the 911 feature, but hope to never use it. I use the tracking on every flight.