Flybuddy2

Well Known Member
Recently got an SP-400. The Cigarette lighter adapter is overpriced at 75 bucks. All Sporty radios use the same one (at the same price). Does anyone know what the output voltage is so I can adapt a generic cig lighter plug?? thx Tom

I have the SP-200 and it uses either the

Nicad pack at 9.6 vdc/600 mAH or 8 ea AA batteries x 1.5 volts= 12.0 vdc. The cig lighter adapter allows you to power it w/o any batteries in it at all from either 12, 24 or 28 vdc aircraft systems. I did not buy adapter because it is in my flight bag for emergencies/radio failure only. I recharge pack every month or two.

If it is the same on the SP-400 then 9.6-12.0 vdc.

Have to send my SL40 (only radio) in to Garmin for SB0921. To keep flying while they have it (for who knows how long), I set up the handheld to headset and outside antenna. Cig power would be nice. I know what the output is on the battery packs (older packs had only 6 batteries vs 8 now) BUT is there some kind of stepdown wired in? Also, normal a/c output is 14V, not sure on polarity either. Was hoping someone with the adapter could read the output/polarity off of it. It's got to have something different from direct connect voltage for 75 bucks. Guess I'll just carry a lot of batteries for the short term..thx Tom