Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole rider

Is there an instructor that has his/her own -12 (or similar aircraft) that provides Light Sport instruction (not transition instruction). My wife wants to get her LS certificate and we have not begun our -12 construction. We are willing to relocate (within reason) for the duration of her training. We live in the Pacific Northwest and would find sunnier/warmer climates a plus during the winter months.
Anyone?

RV-12 is an experimental aircraft!

Can't use experimental aircraft for paid primary instruction.

Can be used for transition training only with a "Letter Of Deviation Authority". Don't know of anyone who has an LODA for the -12.

OK, looks like there's at least one.

Last edited:
Could you be more specific?

I took my transition training from Mike Seeger in the Van's 12.

Van's has an S-LSA. That one can be used for even primary training.
Or was it an E-LSA. An LODA would be required for that.

Sport Pilot training

The only RV-12 in which you can get instruction from a CFI is Van's red bird. Mike does a great job of transition training (been there, done that) but I doubt if Van's would permit instruction in the airplane. There are a number of S-LSA aircraft "similar" to the -12 (Piper Sportcruiser, etc) that some flight schools have for primary training.

Wayne 120241/143WM

Remember, you can build your -12 and she can get all of her instruction in that airplane. This is possible because you are not paying for the plane, only the instructor.

LODA

Mel can an owner get a LODA for his RV12?
3-293
ISSUANCE OF A LODA FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONDUCTING FLIGHT TRAINING UNDER ? 91.319(H).
A.
Purpose. This section provides information about the issuance of a LODA for conducting flight training. Flight Standards Service (AFS) field inspectors issue these deviations using the Web-based automated Operations Safety System (WebOPSS) in accordance with ? 91.319(h).

Sure.

That's how Alex and all the other guys do transition training.

If you mean because it's an LSA, that shouldn't matter. The big hurdle is that's it's up to the local FSDO. At least that's the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.