ltn6a

Hi all

Just a quick one,Just cut my spinner cut outs for the prop and vans says to make the aft face filler from sheet Alluminum.Has any one used the fiberglass piece cut out to make the filler or is ther any reason i should not.

Thanks

Mark

Hi all

Just a quick one,Just cut my spinner cut outs for the prop and vans says to make the aft face filler from sheet Alluminum.Has any one used the fiberglass piece cut out to make the filler or is ther any reason i should not.

Thanks

Mark

Mark,

I just finished fitting my spinner and I used the cutout to make the filler from what was left and I think I got it right. Have a look for yourself
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=hcccs&project=778&category=0&log=94855&row=1

Hans

I used aluminum and then plated it to the spinner.

One suggestion, do not run the engine without the spinner in place as you run the risk of ripping those fillers off. This happened to a friend and fellow RV builder.

I don't see which model you are building, but I just finished fitting my spinner a few months ago (RV-7A). I built my filler from aluminum but I am sure I read in the instructions that the cut out fiberglass could be used if it was large enough. (Look in the instructions prose for fitting the spinner). Granted my plans are 8 years old.

Larry