sandifer

Well Known Member
NC Spin Training w/ Bill Finagin

IAC Hall-of-Famer Bill Finagin is widely recognized as one of the best acro/spin/upset instructors anywhere and is willing to make a stop in NC coming back from Sun n Fun to conduct his famous spin/upset training course. His coming is dependent upon enough people commiting. It would likely take place early in the week of April 4th. His classes are 5 students per day, lasting a single day. A couple hours of theory and and then either a single 40 minute flight, or two 20-minute flights depending on tolerance.

He will teach normal, flat, accelerated, and crossover emergency spin recovery in both upright and inverted modes. This is not necessarily aircraft-specific training. The flying will be done in a nearly-new Pitts S-2C. Bill's training actually carries weight with insurance companies. Certificate of completion issued for your insurance which may reduce your rates depending on your situation. Cost will likely be between $320-400 per person. $100 deposit and and first come, first served. Location in (central) NC TBD.

Whether you are aerobatically inclined or not, this is valuable training and much more expansive and in-depth than your garden-variety upright, plain vanilla spin training. Guaranteed to have a new perspective, increased confidence, and greater understanding of spins!

Please respond to me directly if interested. [email protected]

Last edited:
Trying to gauge interest for a 2012 class with Bill on Tues, April 3rd after SnF. Location (LKR) near Charlotte, NC. Original post info still applies.

Best training money spent

Before I flew "serious" (competition) aerobatics in my RV-8, I spent a day with Bill. Flew two 45 minute flights. Though I had done many spins in the past the time with Bill remains the best training dollar I have spent.

Scott A. Jordan
N733JJ