I am putting an io390 in with the stock fuel injector, not an FM150/200 but I can’t remember the name of it and it is still in the crate. It uses the io360 throttle cable assembly parts on the engine side even though it is a 390. I think that with the normal throttle quadrant I’ll be able to use the usual rv8 FWF cables. I’m going to route them through the three holes in the firewall shown in the plans. I’ve asked a few times over the last two years what length or other details people have ordered for cables and I haven’t gotten many replies.

I’ve also read a lot of posts about cable failure but maybe that isn’t universal and the stock are fine for most. I’ve been able to collect a lot of information about firewall cable seals, types of cables, who sells them and such. But I don’t have the definite information to commit to cables yet or the seals.

It’s more than analysis paralysis. The cost of poor choices is substantial. So I think I’m going to mount the engine, put all the pieces in and have a stock cable from Vans. If it doesn’t fit I can send it back if I’m timely with it and don’t special order. Anything fancier can’t be returned if it’s not right.