buz

Well Known Member
When looking at my flight on Flightaware my speed is erratic, the altitude seems stable. ATC has never mentioned it. My indicated is correct.

Is it the ADSB sending bad info?

I have AFS screens and Avidyne 540. I did not build so not 100% familiar with all the components behind the dash.

N442PM if you want to see the crazy speed graph

Thanks

Speed on flightaware is groundspeed, and will be affected by climbs and descents as well as wind.

When looking at my flight on Flightaware my speed is erratic, the altitude seems stable. ATC has never mentioned it. My indicated is correct.

Is it the ADSB sending bad info?

I have AFS screens and Avidyne 540. I did not build so not 100% familiar with all the components behind the dash.

N442PM if you want to see the crazy speed graph

Thanks

You aren't sending any ADS-B data that's being received by FlightAware. Most likely, you should start by checking your ADS-B setup, because it's likely faulty.

The crazy speeds are based off of FlightAware MLAT rather than ATC radar. They're safe to ignore.

Concur -- N442PM isn't sending ADS-B data.
PAPR didn't return data on any flight over the past year.

OP - you may or may not be aware -- there was a mandate for aircraft to be equipped with compliant ADSB-Out equipment (1090ES or UAT), effective

See 14 CFR 91.225 for details.

Without ADSB-Out you cannot legally fly within Class A, B, C airspace. Class E at or above 10K MSL or within 30nm of a Class B primary airport.

Judging from your flight data (MLAT) on Flightaware, you've nicked the Mode C veil around Orlando (KMCO) a couple of times...

Be careful out there...