Talked at length with Joe Loggie from Champion's magneto group. That company is really miserable to do anything with as far as improving product. Corporate nonsense through and through.
This long, drawn out process isn't surprising. Went to Tempest years ago and won't ever go back. One more Slick to replace and I'm through with Champion altogether....:rolleyes:

Invisible hand at work.

Talked at length with Joe Loggie from Champion's magneto group. That company is really miserable to do anything with as far as improving product. Corporate nonsense through and through.
This long, drawn out process isn't surprising. Went to Tempest years ago and won't ever go back. One more Slick to replace and I'm through with Champion altogether....:rolleyes:
The invisible hand has squeezed Champion.

What you wanna bet that future advertisements claim great results of resistance over many many hours?

back as far as 2008,,,, That"s funny

Problem dated back to 2008,,, ya well it goes back further then that! I bought my RV-4 in 2005, the Champion Fine Wire plugs where installed in 1989 and had 900 hours on them when the engine began having troubles running properly at all times, the plugs ranged from 21m ohms to open, most being between 21m and 35m ohms, m as in million:eek: I'm surprised it even ran at all.

In 2005 I installed Tempest Fine Wire (maybe they where before Tempest, maybe Autolite) and now have 1500 hours on them, there all reading below 1700 ohms.

As one Vaf'r likes to say, I don't necessarily believe all of the things that you (Mike Busch) knows. However, I believe my friend Russ and the experiences of the others.
I just finished my CI. All of my Tempest plugs measured 834-836 ohms. All of them within a couple ohms of each other. That is amazing consistency after 650 hours.

Not sure if that's a dig on Mike B. He has a serious set of skill, research, history and experience that he brings to what he publishes. Should be substantially more valuable than a couple buddies or forum posts? :rolleyes:

Now I'm going back to my 'sparkling' libations....

Last edited: