olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Doing the annual soon and want to know your thoughts on Champion vs Tempest plugs. Probably need to change mine so what does everyone think?

Oly

Ive experienced the Champion resistor problem personally as discussed in the EAA Mike Busch webinar. In fact, during that webinar, it was amazing how many people were nodding their heads in agreement of their own poor Champion experiences. Tempest is known to be rock solid reliable.

Another + for Tempest ....

Doing the annual soon and want to know your thoughts on Champion vs Tempest plugs. Probably need to change mine so what does everyone think?

Oly

I am sure that Champion makes some fine plugs but ....

Had a local flight instructor/A&P friend mention that he was having rough running and other problems that he thought were the plugs (Champions) .

I measured the resistance and for some I immediately said "you need to throw these away and replace them".

Since Tempest was a Team AeroDynamix sponsor **AND** I was running Tempest plugs already myself, I suggested that he give them a try.

So he bought some and his engine runs better than it has in a very long time (according to him).

He now says that is the ONLY plug that he well use and recommend going forward. His words, not mine.

So, another + for Tempest.