sneedrv-6

Well Known Member
Trying to see what sparks plugs are supposed to go in the 0360-a1ad (9.5 compression) with air flow performance injection system engine. The top plugs are on a bendix mag and would like to get new correct plugs. Searched lycoming manual with no luck, searched the forums with no luck (1 dead link to lycoming). Currently I am running unison 40E's. Crazy that a 30k engine does not have the recommended plug in the manual and no phone number on lycoming's site.

thanks for any input,

Jason

RV-6

I would ask the engine builder what plugs they recommend. With 9.5:1 slugs I'm afraid Lycoming will defer to your engine shop.

The plugs listed in the parts catalog for that engine are REM40E's. The most current list of approved plugs (Lycoming SI-1042Z) shows the REM37BY, REM38E, and REM40E as approved. However this doesn't really apply as your engine isn't stock. The engine builder should know the correct plug. If I were to recommend a plug for the engine I would use the Tempest UREM38E if the plug leads were 5/8" thread or URHM38E if the leads are 3/4" thread. This assumes that the cylinders are short reach (between 3/8" and 7/16" ish of threads in the plug holes) plug type. Good Luck, Russ

Last edited: