TCONROY

Well Known Member
I can't seem to locate any pictures of how others have routed their spark plug wires from the mags to the plugs and the diagram that came with my engine isn't a lot of help. Does anyone have pictures of the left and right sides of their engine as well as pictures showing how the upper plugs route from the mags to their respective sides?

Hi Trevor, Why not come over to KDVT when you are in Scottsdale and look at an RV-7 that is done very well. I would be happy to pull the cowling so you can see some options. 12plus RVs done the same way might work. When you were at AFS I enjoyed talking to you and welcome you to our airport. Larry

Hi Trevor, Why not come over to KDVT when you are in Scottsdale and look at an RV-7 that is done very well. I would be happy to pull the cowling so you can see some options. 12plus RVs done the same way might work. When you were at AFS I enjoyed talking to you and welcome you to our airport. Larry

Hi Larry, I will do just that. We go to SDL quite often but not so much during the warmer months. I'll track you down next time we head south.

The shortest wires go to the bottom plugs.
Right mag fires bottom plugs on right side, top plugs on left side.
Left mag fires bottom plugs on left side, top plugs on right side.
Is that what you meant?

I followed the wiring diagrams in the Lycoming manuals for spark plugs.
Google "lycoming spark plug wiring diagrams" and you should find a decent picture to follow.

Here are some pictures from my installation.
IMG_3841-M.jpg

IMG_3842-M.jpg

IMG_3843-M.jpg

IMG_3844-M.jpg