tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
All,

As many likely do, I have a large wire bundle running from the main spar to the firewall under the center tunnel cover on my 7A. At the point where the bundle must go vertical, there are a number of things in the way (brake lines, fuel lines, control cables, etc.).

1) I would be curious how others have transitioned from horizontal to vertical? It seems it would be easist to make a hole in the floor cover right *before* the vertical portion to provide the harness a means to go up the firewall stiffeners. What have others done there?

2) How have others secured the bundle under the floor cover? The adhesive cable bases don't work (even if glued), and I am reluctanly considering riveting cable tie bases from the floor. Any other thoughts?

Pictures are always appreciated if available.

Thanks,
Scott
7A

My wire bundle was very large - a lot of wire plus 3 coax cables. I curved mine to left just above the brake lines, then up the firewall stiffner.

I had to cut off most of the left flange of the vertical part of the cover, below the heater "shelf" to get clearance. I also had to modify the bottom of the "door" that the cables pass through to get enough clearance to make the transition from horizontal along the floor to vertical.

After I did mine, I saw a picture were some one split the bundle - some wires went left and some went right. If I were doing it again, I would at least try that approach, rather then one big bundle.