Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Hey folks,

Just fabricating my wings stands and was wondering if anyone has the measurement from the rear of the front spar to the rear of the rear spar. Can't seem to see it anywhere on the plans. Just searched the forum and the only measurement I can find is 26.5". Does that sound right?

I know I could wait until I get the wing kit, but I have not a whole lot to do at this point.

Thanks

Don

Last edited:
I'm building a 7, but I believe the 8 uses the same wings.
On mine it's 26.5" from the rear of the front spar to the front of the rear spar.

It's 26.75" to the rear of the rear spar.

Hope that helps,
Jason

i didn't put bottom spar supports, and my wings turned out just fine

it's not entirely necessary, and it may make centering/leveling the wings a tad easier if you leave it out

Hey folks,

Just fabricating my wings stands and was wondering if anyone has the measurement from the rear of the front spar to the rear of the rear spar. Can't seem to see it anywhere on the plans. Just searched the forum and the only measurement I can find is 26.5". Does that sound right?

I know I could wait until I get the wing kit, but I have not a whole lot to do at this point.

Thanks

Don

Just in case you are still wondering ...

If I recall, I had the same question when I was building my wing stands for my RV-8.

So I just measured one of the main spar to rear spar ribs and added 1/8 of an inch, and that was close enough.

Thanks,

Was thinking to add aboout that much just in case and I can always add a shim to level it.

Just getting ready to weld the feet...

Cheers!