Aviator168

Well Known Member
Is a 10x20 space large enough to build the -9a tail? After lengthy consideration, the -9a is what I have settled on.

Yes!

Just the tail? Yes, easily.

Some folks have built the entire airplane (other than to put the wings on) in a one car garage, which would be approximately those dimensions. I think that would be a bit challenging. But the tail, no problem!

Second Yes

If there nothing else in the room except building tables and tools. I built mine in 800 square feet studio and it was enough.

Easily.

I built my tail and my wings in a 2-car garage, while my wife was still parking in it. My fuse kit was delivered yesterday, things will get a little more interesting now...

I am building my -3B in my apartment! May have to move the living room upstairs to build the big stuff!

easy!

I have built the tail, both wings, and the fuse of my 9A in the one-car side of a 2+1 garage - the equivalent of a normal 1 car garage. No expanding onto the wife's side !!!

That includes storing all the parts and airplane components. It can be done easily, but requires a bit of thought, especially for storage. You can buy cool shelves that go between the garage door and the ceiling (that's where my tail, ailerons, flaps, pushrods are right now). You can make a wing storage stand to hold the wings vertical (leadiing edge down) a few inches from each other to save space.

I started with 2 EAA workbenches, but am now down to 1 for space reasons. I'll be able to put the tail on, but when the wings go on the cars will go outside for a bit.

Go for it! Way better than a hangar, especially now that my garage has heat and A/C :)

I've done everything so far in a one car garage. I believe my garage is 10x21.

Best of luck and enjoy the journey!

Living room?

This was about your size....:)

BuildingCassutt.jpg

Guys have removed end walls from mobile homes to get the fuse out!!

Have fun