koda2

Well Known Member
Haven't seen any pics or descriptions of where people are mounting the SP-5 AHRS (or the SP-2 for that matter)for their MGL systems in the 6's or 7's.

Anyone care to show their solution?

Dave A.
6A build

Haven't seen any pics or descriptions of where people are mounting the SP-5 AHRS (or the SP-2 for that matter)for their MGL systems in the 6's or 7's.

Anyone care to show their solution?

Dave A.
6A build

There are some photos of SP-2, SP-4, SP-5 locations & installs in RVs in the archives section at MGL Avionics Users. Also you might post the question in the forum there.

Forum

Thanks!
I wasn't aware of that forum. I have been looking at the installation manuals and there are general principles but no specific guidance for RVs.

Dave A.
6A build

Dave, I mounted my SP-4 under the passenger seat pan, as close to the center of the airplane as possible. This was the closest location I could find to the center of the 3-axis of rotation as per the install manual. Works pretty well.

The magnetometer, however, is behind the baggage compartment bulkhead...and always seems to be off by several degrees. It doesn't seem to be able to be "calibrated" out. I may create a bracket and mount it closer to the center of the airplane, since it's currently on one side.

Thanks!
I wasn't aware of that forum. I have been looking at the installation manuals and there are general principles but no specific guidance for RVs.

Dave A.
6A build

I recommend you join the new MGL user forum - it's a friendly place with a lot of very knowledgeable MGL systems users that are always ready to jump in and help or give advice. The forum is completely independent from the company MGL Avionics and has been setup and is run by a group of MGL users. Of course I'm a MGL user myself so I also chip in (but I'm not a moderator, just an ordinary user).
You will also find a lot of useful resources there such as user contributed maps and navidata files.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

The MGL forum is unique in that it allows an email interface also for those who prefer the email list method.