Bob2

Can anyone recommend a construction class for the RV's in the Southeast area?

I am from Fayetteville, AR but travel all over the southeast. I am about to spend a lot of time in South Carolina with a project and thought I might kill some time at a RV construction class. I checked with GBI in North Carolina but they no longer offer the classes.

I learned to fly in a Cessna 172 and then had the chance to fly a Grumman Tiger. I fell in love with the Tiger, but want to be able to work on my own stuff. I have been building and hot rodding cars for years and figure if I can do frame off restorations on cars/trucks, then I surely can build and maintain my own RV. But I want to learn a little before taking the plunge.

Maybe someone in Arkansas needs a hand?

Thanks,
Bob

Jesse Saint in Dunnellon, FL is the first that comes to mind. There are some others in Florida. (Check the Builders Assist link on the front page of VAF).
It appears that Alexander Tech Center in GA no longer has a website, so I don't know if they are still in business.
Check with local EAA Chapters in the area, as well.

Where in SC are you going to be?

I'm going to be in Joanna, SC a lot over the next 18-24 months. I mostly drive over, but will also fly into Atlanta and Charlette. Fiigured I'd mix in a class while out away from home.

There a RV fly-in this weekend near me at Petit Jean, but work has me away and can't get to it.

I will check or the one mentioned in VA. I could take the long way home!! :)