logansc

Well Known Member
I see from the South Carolina Aviation Medallion website that the "SCAM" is currently located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. It's been gone from South Carolina as best I can tell for several months now. Hope everyone is enjoying flying with it and are logging their flights. It's a great "new" aviation tradition.

If you are in that area and know whoever has it, please invite them to "herd" it back toward South Carolina if you don't mind. We would like to see our medallion once in awhile! It's "home base" is Ridgeland Airport, SC (3J1). If anyone can point it back our direction, please do. We won't hoard it either!

http://scavmedallion.com/index.html

Regards,

Lee...

I see from the South Carolina Aviation Medallion website that the "SCAM" is currently located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. It's been gone from South Carolina as best I can tell for several months now. Hope everyone is enjoying flying with it and are logging their flights. It's a great "new" aviation tradition.

If you are in that area and know whoever has it, please invite them to "herd" it back toward South Carolina if you don't mind. We would like to see our medallion once in awhile! It's "home base" is Ridgeland Airport, SC (3J1). If anyone can point it back our direction, please do. We won't hoard it either!

http://scavmedallion.com/index.html

Lee...

I was looking for it at 3J1 a few Saturday's ago. Peeked into your open hanger, no one home, then headed back to Summerville.

Regards,

Tom: Sorry I missed you, I was probably out flying---I usually leave the hangar open when I'm just out cruising around. Come back any time!

Everyone: While it really is great to see the SCAM out and about, we'd like to keep it generally in the southeast and in South Carolina especially. Part of the idea was to encourage other states to come up with their own state medallions and similarly, to support general aviation in their states too. South Carolina has a long tradition of supporting general, business, and sport aviation. The South Carolina Breakfast Club may the longest lived breakfast fly-in tradition of it's kind in the U.S. The SCAM was an attempt to build on that tradition and record. By the way, the SCAM is now supported by the South Carolina Aviation Association.

This is in no way a complaint, the medal is supposed to "fly" and to fly often. A number of us here put a lot of effort into getting it going...we're hoping to see it again soon and to get a good look at the logbook so we'll know what it's been up to! We promise we won't keep it all to ourselves!!

Lee...

Last edited: