tonyjohnson

Well Known Member
I buggered up several of the molex connectors during the wiring of my ICOM A200 com radio.

Does anyone know where to find replacements other than ICOM? I emailed ICOM but have not heard back from them.

I could not find anything in the archives on this topic.

I'm sure they're available from Digi-Key or some other supplier but I haven't dug through the catalog. More importantly, they're the same ones used in lots of King radios and most avionics techs I know have their own private stash of them. I'd talk to a local avionics tech or someone like Gulf Coast ... I'm sure they'd be willing to part with a few of them for the right price.

"Molex"

You will probably eventually get an answer from one of the avionics guys here but if you don't you can probably figure it out on your own.

What people call "Molex" connectors may not really be Molex but may be MateNLocks, etc. The connectors are pretty standardized but there are a jillion of them. If you measure the sizes of the pin diameters and the dimensions you can sometimes pick them out of a Digi-key or Mouser catalog. Mouser has better pictures. Chances are they will be cheaper there than from any other source.

Posting a picture of them might help get you an answer.

Dave A.
6A build

We keep them in stock (they are not cheap). In this case they are indeed Molex connectors and pins...

Cheers,
Stein

Stein has them...at a good price

I finally got a return email from ICOM. They offered to sell me the connector terminals at a price of $1.71 each.

Stein had them in stock for 75 cents each.... less than half the price from ICOM.