GeraldC

I'm just getting started on an RV-12 Powerplant kit and I'm at the step where I have to mount the engine to the frame assembly. For torque values, it has the following on page 46-06:

"Torque the mount screws to the value found in the ENGINE SUSPENSION FRAME ASSY. Section 28 of the Rotax Illustrated Parts Catalog."

The CD that came with my kit does not seem to have this parts catalog but I found a version of that file here:

http://www.rotax-owner.com/en/support-topmenu/engine-manuals

At that link there is a file d06267.pdf. I found a reference of 30 ft. lbs. of torque for those bolts and I think I'm ok for now, but I'd really like to know the right way to get torque information. Can someone confirm if I'm using the right version of that file from the right source?

I've searched around and found references to a few different sources for Rotax information. Am I going to the right place for the official information for this engine? Did Rotax previously include this file on the CD and recently remove it after the Van's documentation was written? Where are others getting their Rotax technical information?

Thanks!

Rotax-owner.com is a very good website.
The official Rotax company website is flyrotax.com
The manual that you are looking for can be found HERE

I could not find section 28 of the Rotax Illustrated Parts Catalog. But in section 71-20-00 page 3 is the ENGINE SUSPENSION FRAME

Last edited:
Gerald,

There was an early thread on that particular torque value. The previous value was insufficient to keep the mounting bolts from backing out. After 4 years with the 30 ft-lbs mine are solidly in place.

Rich