Jeff R

Well Known Member
I am ready to attempt to bleed the brakes again, but the old fashioned pump oiler I borrowed from a fellow EAA'er leaks terribly (from the hose at the cap). I have attempted to find a new one. Home Depot doesn't have them, and Harbor Freight has a smaller version which I tried today, but it lacks the ability to put out much volume or pressure. In other words, it is ineffective.

Any idea where to get one? A quick internet search didn't yield much.

Try an auto parts store, but I sure prefer the small weed killer pumps that both Lowes and Home Depots have. It's constant pressure, and you just wrench the brake fitting for off & on.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I bought one a couple of months ago at O'Reilly's Auto Parts - a common chain here in Houston. I suspect any of the major chains would have them.

Paul

Bleeder

I know you are looking for a pump but a pressurized reservoir is nice. I built mine out of a piece of capped, 2 inch pvc. Put a Schrader valve in the screw-on top and pump it up with my tire pump after filling it with fluid. I also have a sight window comprised of a piece of clear tubing paralleling the side of 2-inch pvc to determine when it is getting low. And, a needle valve in the discharge line so it is controllable. It is a one man operation to open the bleeder valve and jiggle the brake peddles. Probably $10 worth.

I had an 12 hour brake bleed episode similar to those reported here. Now it is a non-event.

garden sprayer pressure pump

I also used the Lowe's garden sprayer. It's a one quart bottle with pressure pump at top. Safety wire around the hose connections makes them tight enough they don't let loose to make a mess and I found it fairly easy to control / stop flow. Total cost was $7 for the pressure bottle and a buck or so for tubing.