bullojm1

Well Known Member
I have noticed the ends of my intake hoses are cracked on my Superior IO-360. I also have been experiencing engine issues symptomatic of an induction leak. In the mean time I have tightened up the hose clamps and that has cured my engine roughness.

I want to replace these hoses, but cannot find them on any of the normal shopping spots (AeroInStock or ACS). Can someone help me out?

IntakeHose.jpg

Brian,

The engine started out running rough after landing. I didn't think much of it because I just assumed since it was FI, the fuel was boiling off. Then the engine started running worse. When I started the engine it ran poorly. Once again, because it just got hot out, I assumed it was due to fuel boiling. Runups were always fine so I just went flying. Finally, I got worried when I was on a downwind going about 90-100 kts after I removed power the engine sounded like it skipped.

I tightened the hose clamps on the induction hoses and all my problems went away. After looking at the end of the hoses, they looked cracked. I decided it was time to get them replaced, and perhaps safety wire those clamps from being able to vibrate loose.

Thanks Mike, My symptoms are similar, except mine only acts up when hot. did you see any spikes or fluctuations on the EMS? I downloaded mine yesterday and no abnormal changes.

I've got it torn down right now, insulating the fuel line and red cube. I will also take a look at the intake hoses.

thanks again

I don't know how much these hoses cost, but recently I bought some hoses for my ATV's & cycles from hosetechniques.com. Lots of colors, sizes, etc.
Not affiliated, just a satisfied customer. I'm assuming of course that these might be OK for an experimental engine (but I could be wrong).