algrajek

Well Known Member
I need a crush washer to go under mt Oil Temp Sensor on my IO 360. I cant seem to find them anywhere.
Help??
Al

On the RV-8 I'm helping to build, also an IO-360, we bought some AN900-10 (same thing as MS35769-11 according to Spruce) crush gaskets and while they fit exactly correct around the 5/8" threads of the oil temp sensor, the fit looks dangerously loose around the machined-smooth shoulder/shank that lies in between the hex head of the sensor and where the threads begin. It looks like if the crush gasket isn't held exactly centered when the sensor is tightened down to squeeze the gasket, that it might be prone to leak there due to the large gap between the inner diameter of the crush gasket and the smooth shank of the sensor.

Has anyone else noticed that on their oil temp sensor? This one looks like the smooth shoulder was perhaps lathed down too deeply or something.

Would it be a bad idea to put a rubber O-ring in there to take up the gap?

Neal,

Yes, mine also fit the same way. I think a lot of the sensors have a wide diameter thread section followed by a narrow shoulder or neck. Not sure what would work better than the crush washer since you have to get it over the threads. Mine has been installed and flying for about 160 hours and no leaks or problems. You do need to be careful when tightening the sensor to try and keep the crush washer centered as best you can.

Mine stayed nicely centered as I tightened it, even though it looked like it might get pushed off center.

I too ordered an AN900-10 from Spruce but, unrealized beforehand, Aerosport power had already put one on under the oprange plastic cap, so I guess I have an extra.