rjsflyer

Anyone have a source for anodizing and dying small batches of aluminum parts? I've seen several home anodizing kits available on the internet, but I'm not really interested in going that route.

Rick Schwandt
RV-9A Fuselage
www.rjsflyer.com

rjsflyer said:
Anyone have a source for anodizing and dying small batches of aluminum parts? I've seen several home anodizing kits available on the internet, but I'm not really interested in going that route.Rick Schwandt
RV-9A Fuselagewww.rjsflyer.com
Rick,

You don't really say where you are located. Shipping could be a deal killer. Anyway, I had many parts anodized by http://www.aerometalfinishing.com/
This is the firm that does the anodizing process for combat jets parts produced at Boeing St. Louis. When I walked through the door, I was amazed at the number of (very) familiar F-15 and F-18 parts I saw hanging from racks like so many sides of beef. They provide documentation that satisifies the average government auditor with each order though in my case was naturally dismissed. Several years ago, they charged me about $90 to anodize various and several canopy parts. Interestingly, the charge was based on not so much on the number of parts, but how many "dipping" baskets were required to be used. I have no idea if they will accept your order but you may want to contact them for further details.

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"