Bubblehead

Well Known Member
I need a straight 1/4" NPT to AN-6 Male adapter in aluminum. Does anyone know of a source in the DFW area?

AN fittings

I don't know of any offhand, but I would search for Dallas area speed or auto racing shops. They use a lot of the same fittings.

Jim

I need a straight 1/4" NPT to AN-6 Male adapter in aluminum. Does anyone know of a source in the DFW area?

I have one. If you want to come out to Farmersville today, or if you would like to come to our EAA meeting tonight, I can bring it. EAA meeting is Webb Chapel @ Golfing Green Dr. (about 2 miles north of I-635) 6:30. Manske Library.
972-784-7544

Last edited:
Mel - you're (one of) the best

I have a commitment for a job interview tonight over dinner and am working today. Would tomorrow night work?

Thanks also for the invitation to the EAA meeting. I would have really liked to come.

I appreciate the help.

John

Source for AN fittings

Check Summit Racing, they have many types of AN fittings, not real cheap but usually available. Dan.

I have a commitment for a job interview tonight over dinner and am working today. Would tomorrow night work?
Thanks also for the invitation to the EAA meeting. I would have really liked to come.
I appreciate the help.
John
Sure, If you can come out tomorrow night, that would be fine. Call for directions. We're about 40 miles from LBJ/N.Central (Richardson area).
You may learn some new words. I'm redoing the radio stack in an RV-6 that was built by a person who's ancestry I question.

Great. I will call for directions. I doubt I'll hear any words I have not heard before, but I am a stickler for proper usage!

guccidude1 - thanks for the suggestion. I only need one fitting and hate to spend $10 in shipping for a $5 part. I also need it this week to redo the installation of the FloScan in my -8.

AN fitting in DFW

If you need it sooner that tomorrow night call me in the morning. I will be in the DFW area and I will bring you one. It might be worth it to see Mel's project. I don't mind. 817-219-0524

Thanks for the offer Gary. I don't need it that quickly. I'm spending my weeks in Southlake, TX working and going back to my Chicago area home Friday nights. If I go back with the fitting this Friday I'll be flying Saturday and hopefully flying the -8 back here to Texas Sunday.

Smiley's race products in DFW

Smiley's Racing
103 Gross Rd.
Mesquite, TX 75149
View map
972.289.7223 (RACE)
972.289.8055 fax FORT WORTH
Smiley's Racing West
700 W Kennedale Pkwy.
Kennedale, TX 76060
View map

These stores will have most an fittings

Hat's off to Mel

I wanted to publicly thank Mel for having me out to his home and hangers last night. I enjoyed a fine evening visiting with Mel and his wife Ann and learning about RV-6s in particular and airplanes in general. And I got a 1/4" NPT to AN-6 adapter as a parting gift too!

I you ever want to understand the meaning of Texas hospitality, just spend an evening with Mel and Ann.

Gary - I've added those addresses into my contact manager for the next time I need a part quickly.

I'd also like to give a plug to Bonaco Hose and Fittings. http://www.bonacoinc.com/ Lots of people have spoken highly of them here at VAF. Brett Jarvis has been helping me find a better way to hook everything up. He also emailed me a copy of their latest catalog and they have a very complete inventory of fittings.

I appreciate everyone's help with this.

Last edited by a moderator: