szicree

Well Known Member
FYI: There's a pretty detailed article on soundproofing light aircraft in this month's issue of EAA Sport Aviation. Actual before and after numbers on a Lancair and some good tips on getting the most bang for the buck (and ounce)

I'd save the weight, or put it to more ulitilitarian use. We wear headsets in our RV-6. The noise the airplane makes isn't an issue to us. I've also removed several pounds of useless attempts to deaden the noise in our Cessna 120. (The C-120 is staying in the family at least until a family memeber is finished getting a private license in it.)

I read that article but can't find it now to pass on to a friend. What issue was it in? I just thumbed through April when you posted the FYI and can't find it.....?
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks Mark

I had missed the year of the issue. I don't have that issue. There must have been something in Kitplanes on soundproofing but I tried a search on their site with no luck. Oh well.... :confused:

Sounding Down

The June 2007 issue of Kitplanes has an article about soundproofing a Zodiak 601 XL. I saw it on-line, don't know if the hard copy is in the mail yet...

RVadmirer said:
I had missed the year of the issue. I don't have that issue. There must have been something in Kitplanes on soundproofing but I tried a search on their site with no luck. Oh well.... :confused:
There is an article in this month's Kitplane on soundproofing a Zenair 601XL. However, you cannot see it on their website. They do not let you have access to most of their stories online unless you pay a subscription or pay for each individual story separately. If you want to see the article you will have to find the newsstand copy somewhere.