-- is anyone using a redesigned, or other plane's nosegear on their RV? I've been thru the nosegear threads. I'm familiar with the current mods and advice about technique. Just wondering if someone has not done an actual re-do on the front gear? Thanks!

As I recall, there was one in Oz that someone posted a photo of, but I do not recall anything beyond the initial photo.

All that said, good transition training, and proper pilot technique is most likely the answer............look at percentages of A models flying, total number of landings, and accidents.

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I am starting to learn to fly this year. I've several friends with RV's and have flown quite a bit over the last few years as a passenger. Now I feel it's time to start learning and practicing on a more serious level. Thanks.

A friend of mine beefed up his nose gear on his 8A.. I think he used parts from the RV10 unit. Pretty stout, but he had to completely redesign the wheel pant and fairing. He's quite a craftsman and it came out beautifully.

I haven't mentioned his name in case he doesn't want to share his work, but hey Ron! You should chime in here!

replacement nose gear

Vlad- whatever happened to Mick's new design/manufacture nose gear? I agree with several posters- many would be quick to write a check for one. Ben

Thats what I'm talkin about! Thank you Vlad. Anyone else doing something different like that?

Yes, I've read the threads on anti-splat, improved bearings, learning to land, and stats suggesting relative safety of the standard wheel post. Thank y'all for those. Just interested in variations other builders might be trying.

I got an e-mail form Ron Moring regarding what he did with his 8A.

He's visiting in Canada and doesn't have his password for the site handy so he gave permission to post the following.

"The gear leg was redesigned for the rv 10 fork & 5.00x5.0 tire. The dia. , shape, and length are different than the stock leg. The custom made gear leg is dampened with a fiberglass rod that is attached using very heavy duty shrink tube that contains it's own adhesive. 270 hours and working very well."

The pics don't have great detail of the nosegear, but he will be home Saturday if anyone is interested in more. Shoot me a pm and I'll get his phone number to you.

2rf7ldv.jpg

lwh93.jpg

rmsglz.jpg