Boxcars

I need to make order Landing Lights for an RV-9A QB and hope I can get some information before making the decision and ordering. I have decided to use leading edge lights, not wing tip.

1. I would like lots of light, and wig-wag and HIDs can do both now. So I'm leaning towards the Duckworks HIDs, but wonder about RF noise. There must be lots of Duckworks HIDs in service by now, anybody having RF noise problems? Planelights seems to have gone to some trouble to eliminate RF from their HIDs.

2. In spite of leaning towards the HIDs, CreativeAir's LED landing lights are intriguing. Anybody using those that can comment on light output and RF noise?

I just received one of these digital ballast HID kits on ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/justplaza-com-usa_50W-55W-kits_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ12QQftidZ2QQtZkm

They came directly from China, cost was $85.00 shipped. It got to my doorstep quicker than stuff does coming from Van's. They appear to be of good quality. I temporarily wired a ballast and bulb into the fusepanel in the RV to see if there's any noise. All I heard in the intercom was a faint, almost imperceptible hum. I may just go ahead and give them a try in the RV... I have 100 watt duckworks halogens now, so it will be interesting to see if there's any difference. Extremely bright as expected, takes a few seconds to warm up. Once they were warmed up I was able to flash them with a momentary switch but I have no idea what effect that will have on the life of the ballast or bulb.