pazmanyflyer

Well Known Member
I need to ask you guys something about the QT Halo's I recently bought. I've been playing with them getting used to the ear plugs and everything comes in crystal clear. It's when I TX that all I get is a high pitched squeal. I've used it both on my Icom A6 handheld and also tried it with my panel mounted Icom A200 and I get the same thing. Is this something someone has experienced with this set? Do the Halo's not play well with Icom or maybe my Sigtonics intercom? My LS 303G's have no problem nor does the genero passenger set with either radio. Just a bit bummed out I can't use these yet, if ever with my setup, and searching for solutions.

I need to ask you guys something about the QT Halo's I recently bought. I've been playing with them getting used to the ear plugs and everything comes in crystal clear. It's when I TX that all I get is a high pitched squeal. I've used it both on my Icom A6 handheld and also tried it with my panel mounted Icom A200 and I get the same thing. Is this something someone has experienced with this set? Do the Halo's not play well with Icom or maybe my Sigtonics intercom? My LS 303G's have no problem nor does the genero passenger set with either radio. Just a bit bummed out I can't use these yet, if ever with my setup, and searching for solutions.

Take several inches of the headset cable and roll it up into about 3 or 4 turns and secure with tie wraps. This should fix the problem.

Vern

Common problem

There are certain combinations of radio/intercom that the QT Halo circuitry just doesn't seem to like. I tried a couple of them before upgrading to the Clarity Aloft. Some of our airplanes got along fine with the QT, but two of them (the two I most often fly) didn't want to play nice.

The bad news is there's not much you can do to fix the problem. The good news is that the folks at QT are very good about letting you return the headsets.

Halo

Carlos
I have just had a recent experience like yours. I just completed my RV 10 and would get a loud squeel when I activated PTT. I have a Garmin 240 audio panel. It would only do this with some headsets. I thought it must be the Halo. It finally turned out to be that the Garmin 240 can only handle stero headsets. It was not the Halo but my old mono David Clark that was causing the problem. If a mono headset is plugged in any of the 4 stations then the problem occurred. My PS 3000 intercom in the F1 rocket is not so particular.
Wayne
F1 Rocket, 425 hours
RV 10, 42 hours

Halo, Icom 200A & PS3000; No issues

I love my Halo headsets. It is comfortable, and sounds great. I have an Icom 200A Com radio connected through a PS3000 intercom. The only minor issue I had was balancing the volume on the two headsets so they were the same.

There are certain combination's of radio/intercom that the QT Halo circuitry just doesn't seem to like.

That stinks

The bad news is there's not much you can do to fix the problem

That stinks even more

Thanks for the info on the PS3000. In an attempt to save some money are there any Pireps on the Halos' with the PS1000II intercom?

call Phil

Have you contacted Phil yet? This from his web site:

"New microphone system available December 2009"

"Quiet Technologies has available the long-awaited redesigned microphone system. We have made it possible to miniaturize the microphone electronics to a board dimension roughly 1/3 the size of a dime! This miniatrurization has made it possible to use higher powered radios and handhelds regardless of antenna location without carrier feedback. We are releasing this microphone in stages, so if you are interested in this microphone, or if you have not been able to use our porducts in the past, let us know that you want the improved microphone when ordering. This will require a phone call to gurantee the latest model."

"You can order the HALO headset and place an e-mail to [email protected] at the same time you order to let me know that you are interested."

"At Quiet Technologies, we always strive to do better."

Off to QT they go

Have you contacted Phil yet? This from his web site:

"New microphone system available December 2009"

"Quiet Technologies has available the long-awaited redesigned microphone system. We have made it possible to miniaturize the microphone electronics to a board dimension roughly 1/3 the size of a dime! This miniatrurization has made it possible to use higher powered radios and handhelds regardless of antenna location without carrier feedback. We are releasing this microphone in stages, so if you are interested in this microphone, or if you have not been able to use our porducts in the past, let us know that you want the improved microphone when ordering. This will require a phone call to gurantee the latest model."

"You can order the HALO headset and place an e-mail to [email protected] at the same time you order to let me know that you are interested."

"At Quiet Technologies, we always strive to do better."

Contacted QT this morning actually, and was instructed to send it back in for a mic update and it'll take care of it. So off they go! I really do like these tubephones and hope I can use them after the mod. If not, I'll skin this cat another way. Thanks for the input guys!