Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I'm installing my Ztron lights and it calls for 18-20AWG shielded 3 conductor wire. I don't currently have any 3 conductor wire on hand, however, I do have a lot of 18AWG single shielded wire. Is it a problem to use single shielded wires vs the 3 conductor shielded wire?

I've searched for an answer and cant find one. Other than the additional weight, the shielding is still there.

Anyone see a problem with this?

Thanks

Don

Don, well you could, and bond each one at one end. That would not be a really good installation though, more weight , more connections to come loose more wires to chaff etc. on my ztron I used 3c shielded. I actually need a fourth wire for the synch in between each wing lights. I ran the synch wire separate without a shield,it is a signal and doesn't carry any led noise. Drop me a note if you have any more questions.

Bird

Rawg

Thanks Bird,

I figured as much. I ordered some 3 wire and I should have it early next week.

Cheers,

Don

Your welcome, you will have a better install, good for you. Hey hang on to that single conductor shielded, you will need some if you are using mags. If not let me know, I am not sure if my mag wires are long enough yet so I might need some!

Bird