MNForrest

Well Known Member
On Tuesday, my empenage kit arrived from VAN's. Today - after roughly three weeks waiting for a good weather / open schedule day I made my first solo flights. It has been a good week.

Forrest

Congratulations! We all were there and remember that feeling and excitement! Write a bit about it.

Congratulations

On Tuesday, my empenage kit arrived from VAN's. Today - after roughly three weeks waiting for a good weather / open schedule day I made my first solo flights. It has been a good week.

Forrest

Nothing quite like the first time you firewall the throttle by yourself! Way to go!
Bill

Congratulations!

I was just there myself this summer. It's extremely warm inside airplanes in North Carolina in July. The temperature in the cockpit went up 20 degrees when the cherokee reached pattern altitude and I looked right to clear the crosswind turn and caught the empty seat in my peripheral. That was the first and only time I think I realized that my instructor wasn't there until I taxied back to the ramp after the 3rd landing. I heard his voice in my headset the whole time. I thought he was talking to me on the handheld, he says he wasn't even on the unicom frequency. I guess it's true that you hear them on every flight. Airspeed, Airspeed, Airspeed.

Congrats! The one flight you will never forget!

How were you congratulated? Buck of ice cold water? Half a tie missing?