RV8R999

Well Known Member
For those who are using a solid link from T/W to rudder horn, can you tell me how you like it and what you feel the benefit is? Who's selling these now?

Thanks,

ken

I love mine!! I have a Silver Bullet but I will be buying one from JD Air when I need a replacement.
I have only flown Alex D's old 6 with chains and for me the silver Bullet/JD air links are far better. And quite honestly I have never had any issues with cross winds with it.
Buy them here http://www.jdair.com/

Available from JustPlaneWorks, www.justplaneworks.com. Mine's installed, but I haven't flown with it yet. I don't think i've flown an RV without one though. Everyone around here seems to have one, with the possible exception of those with the third wheel in a funny place.

great read on the other thread. As is always the case there is no shortage of opposing opinions in this hobby! Thanks. I'm going to give the link a shot.

Ken

Data Point on Chains

I have flown my -8 for over 80 hours now and have grown accustomed to a bit of swerving while I roll out in the 3-point stance. I just assumed that this was how the -8 was going to handle. I recently transitioned a very experienced pilot into my front seat (Probably losing my medical in a couple of days...rats!) Upon landing, he took another look at my chains and suggested that I might want to remove a link and tighten them up a bit. I took his advice and was AMAZED at the difference in handling. She is much easier to control on roll-out now. I had set them up a bit loose thinking that it would be easier to control this way...in my case, this was not so...