Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Since I'm moving into the cockpit/forward fuselage portion of construction, I'm thinking of having some parts anodized to match the intended paint scheme (polished aluminum with dark red or maroon accents/cowling/tips/etc.).

Anyone know of a good source for having small parts (pedals, canopy deck, etc.) anodized in the Los Angeles area (preferably northern L.A. country)?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

It's been a long while...

Since I'm moving into the cockpit/forward fuselage portion of construction, I'm thinking of having some parts anodized to match the intended paint scheme (polished aluminum with dark red or maroon accents/cowling/tips/etc.).

Anyone know of a good source for having small parts (pedals, canopy deck, etc.) anodized in the Los Angeles area (preferably northern L.A. country)?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

...but these guys did a good job for me.

http://www.barryavenueplating.com/index_ie.php3

A little further south than you wanted, in West LA on the border with the Peoples Republic of Santa Monica.

They even advertise their minimum lot charges, and they are not too bad.

http://www.barryavenueplating.com/min_charge_list.html

do it yourself, if you've alodine and primed your plane, you can anodize.

costs are pretty simple, from using a battery charger and other things you already have to ready made kits for $400+

Steve: PM me, I do $250k worth of anodizing through my company a year, I can get whatever you need done.

Mike

do it yourself, if you've alodine and primed your plane, you can anodize.

costs are pretty simple, from using a battery charger and other things you already have to ready made kits for $400+

This!

I have used the constant current DC supply I bought for wiring the avionics on the bench along with a 5 gallon bucket, battery acid, distilled water, and anodizing dyes from caswell plating. I have yet to have anything turn out bad, and in fact have started anodizing things for my other hobbies as well.