kevinh

Well Known Member
Hi ya'll,

I'm thinking about starting another plane this winter - most likely an RV-8A. Back when I started thinking about building a 7, I stumbled upon a really good builder's website (I won't name names, but the initials were Dan Checkoway :rolleyes: ).

Any recommendations for an RV-8 website with lots of pictures and good writing? I'd like to start some recreational reading...

RV8 builder website

There's really nothing like Dan's site for the RV8 that I could find. Luckily, a lot of the things you find on Dan's site apply to the 8 as well. For a pretty good list of 8 sites you can check here: http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/wwwlinks.htm

My site used to be on there, but they took it off because I have google ads to help pay for the hosting. :(

I found that to be very strange, but hey, it's their site!

The sites I used the most:

Mickey's (Don't be too modest Mickey - it's great!)
Kevin Horton's
Bill VonDane's
Larry Bowen's
Jim Daniel's

And heck, I've gotten somethign off of just about everyone that's linked on Van's site.

I didn't discover Dan's site until I was doign FWF, but it was invaluable once I did....

Paul (No web site - just mooching off of others...)

kevinh said:
Hi ya'll,

I'm thinking about starting another plane this winter - most likely an RV-8A. Back when I started thinking about building a 7, I stumbled upon a really good builder's website (I won't name names, but the initials were Dan Checkoway :rolleyes: ).

Any recommendations for an RV-8 website with lots of pictures and good writing? I'd like to start some recreational reading...
Kevin,
Take a look at one of the best RV-8 sites out there...Randy Lervold's www.romeolima.com/RV8

Best,