gasman

Well Known Member
Friend
Just wanted to see what they would look like with three up and locked...;)

rv6apaint3nj4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it

Make it happen!!!

Change the throttle body to horizontal induction so you can use the snoot for the front wheel bay.

Fold the rear gear and bury the tire in the wing.

Looks very nice.

Three questions -
Cost, weight increase, speed change

Don't even go down the road of insurance cost!

I asked Infinity Aerospace about RV-10 gear a while back. They make retractable mains for canards and have apparently fielded much interest in retractable RV gear. Cost to develop would not excessive (IMHO) given the amount folks spend on engines and panels, but someone has to go first...

vans_rv10_rg.jpg

I did ask myself what the real goal was though... Was I really looking for a DIY Mooney?

Last edited:
'Cuda

Just wanted to see what they would look like with three up and locked...;)

Gasman,
This photo made me immediatedly think of the Barracuda. Therefore the solution is easy. Call ACS...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Make it happen!!!
Looks very nice.

Three questions -
Cost, weight increase, speed change

Don't even go down the road of insurance cost!
The RV-4RG built in Germany gained 80 lbs and 4 knots. :( That's a lot of weight and work for so little gain but it sure looked great!

If I remember correctly...

The RV-4RG built in Germany gained 80 lbs and 4 knots. :( That's a lot of weight and work for so little gain but it sure looked great!
this gain was over the old original style wheel fairings. I believe that the pressure recovery fairings gained more than this by themselves.

V-tail

Gasman - draw us a V-tail while your at it. I'm curious what it would look like.

Mel - any gain in speed on it?

this gain was over the old original style wheel fairings. I believe that the pressure recovery fairings gained more than this by themselves.

It does not make an RV a better aircraft. And you can't see it when you are flying. But it sure looks good on the wall!!

When I was flying in the airforce, we had a saying:

"There are only two kinds of pilots: those who have landed gear-up and those who will...."

My 2 cents...

Then there's your answer.

It does not make an RV a better aircraft. And you can't see it when you are flying. But it sure looks good on the wall!!

You can do it "on the wall" with you computer. Just like I did with my RV-66.

When I was flying in the airforce, we had a saying:

"There are only two kinds of pilots: those who have landed gear-up and those who will...."

My 2 cents...

I know another:
There are two kinds of tailwheel pilots, those who have groundlooped and those who will.

Dosen't stop me from wanting an -8 though...