Wes Hays

Well Known Member
Probably should have posted this earlier, but Snyder, TX is having a Fly-In on Saturday, 21 June.

There are several fly-in's going on, but if you are in the North Texas area, its not too far. I know that Roger would appreciate a great turnout.

I can't make it, but I did just add a listing for it here. "Fuel at cost" should be a big attractor for the fly-in crowd.

Have fun!

fly in

Wes,
Do you have any details, time, etc.?
Hadn't made any plans so I might be able to make it.
Let me know what you know or a website maybe to get the scoop.

Snyder (KSNK) Fly-In Information

The Fly-In will be from 0700 to 1200 Noon.

The 8th Annual Fly-in is sponsored by the Texas Air Museum, Scurry Pilots Assoc, and the Chamber of Commerce.

Fuel will be sold at cost for those flying in.

Fly-Ins receive a ticket for free food and drink.

Breakfast Burritos and Brisket wraps are $2.00 and Drinks are $1.00 (If one isn't enough)

There is also a motorcycle and car show in conjunction with the event.

They are expecting private, antique, and warbirds at the event.

Sometimes some of us stop at SWW to eat at Ms. Allen's family style restaurant afterwards.

Airport ID: KSNK
Unicom 122.8
AWOS: 119.92 (but it will be out of service due to a lightning strike last night.

SNK was the TxDot Airport of the year a while back, and Roger and all the guys he has working for him give first rate service.

Hope some of you guys can make it.

I did the final assembly on my -6A at KSNK and made the maiden flight there.

Snyder Fly-In

Wes,

We missed ya! We saw TUT parked by the big hangar (the guys said you were the first to arrive!).
After having our fly-in breakfast and looking around at all the planes we went to the terminal to pay for our fuel. As we came out you were taking off and departing the area. Maybe we'll catch up to you again!
Thanks for the info. We had a nice flight out from Fort Worth and as usual, the hospitality of the folks at Snyder was top notch.

Mike,
So sorry I got away a bit earlier than I had anticipated. Had some honey-do's to take care of. Even more so, sorry I missed you guys. I did see your planes. Hopefully we can meet at another flyin.

I just love an early flight. Broke ground about nautical twilight and it was smooooth, and cool. I visited with a guy building a -10 at the airport. Like David said, 90% finished and 90% to go. We have all been there.

Take care, and hope to meet up later.