Stormy

Anyone have issues with having water getting into the snorkel induction area and not being able to start because plugs are wet. I had the cowl plugs in and thought that would be enough to keep the water out. Didn't work, still had to pull cowling, bottom plugs and finally started after a long process.

Has anyone drilled some holes in the snorkel before to let the water escape.

If I remember correctly, the directions tell you to drill a small hole in the box. I know I drilled one in mine.

Plans for the RV10 include a drain hole in the FAB, and tubing to the cowling exit. I thought it was more for gas in the event of over priming, but I suppose it would work for water, too.

There should be a drain hole drilled in the lower bottom section of the snorkel to prevent this. The use of cowl plugs will also prevent water ingestion.

Actually I think there should be two holes drilled in the FAB box. Both at low points, one inside the filter seal to allow for fuel to drain if necessary and one outside the filter to allow for water to drain. If you have the alternate air system installed, you may not need the inside filter hole depending on how well the alternate air door seals.

Actually I think there should be two holes drilled in the FAB box. Both at low points, one inside the filter seal to allow for fuel to drain if necessary and one outside the filter to allow for water to drain.

I got two holes as well. I wonder if it whistles at different pitches depending on throttle setting and/or airspeed.