Jurgen Amtmann

I'm New Here
Can anyone tell me where I can find the small snorkel that goes into the cooling air inlet, then connects to a hose that blows cooling air over the alternator?

Jurgen Amtmann RV-6

Can anyone tell me where I can find the small snorkel that goes into the cooling air inlet, then connects to a hose that blows cooling air over the alternator?

Jurgen Amtmann RV-6

I Jurgen,

Darrell Reiley (LifeofReiley on VAF) used to have some aluminum flanges for sale for 3/4" tubing which were perfect for this sort of application. Send him a PM, he may still have some left.

Last edited:
Corrugated ducting works

I used the black plastic ducting left over from wing wiring. Just drill a hole sized to capture the ducting in the air inlet ramp, and direct the duct at the alt., or mags too, zip tie the other end to anything convenient in the area.

As stated above, use the corrigated tubing left over from wiring. Located the cooling tube on the right coloing intake,above the alternator, secure with rtv and wire ties. There is sufficient air pressure available to adequately cool the diode pack at the rear of the alternator. Dan