Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Finishing up my snorkel (what a *pain*) and will soon be painting baffles and other parts, and will paint the exterior of the snorkel, as well. Quick Q: should I paint the *inside* of the snorkel, or leave raw? What have other people done? And anything to watch for? (Like paint coming off and getting ingested into the engine :eek:).

TIA!

Steve

don't bother

no paint needed, either inside or outside.
I wouldn't paint baffles either.

Depends...

Depends on how "finished" of a look you are going for. I painted EVERYTHING, but it's certainly not necessary. ;)

BTW, if paint chips (which it shouldn't if the surface is prepped and primed), it won't go past the air filter.

Depends on how "finished" of a look you are going for. I painted EVERYTHING, but it's certainly not necessary. ;)

BTW, if paint chips (which it shouldn't if the surface is prepped and primed), it won't go past the air filter.

For the forward-facing intake, the snorkel is already past the air filter...filter goes on the left inlet ramp, thence the snorkel connects that to the air intake on the fuel servo...

Gotcha...I'm carb'd, but I didn't paint the inside of the inlet "bowl" on the bottom of the carb (Sam James intake) after the filter; did paint the outside tho.

It maybe worth spending some time to paint the baffle. If it is a good paint, it will help with cleaning the bugs easier and perhaps a more professional look. But it don't think it is worth the time & effort for the snorkel.