rwarre

Well Known Member
Looking for information from anyone who has camped at Winter Haven during Sun n Fun. They advertise transportation to and from, and shower facilities. Also less traffic. Thanks

i would rather be where the action is, at snf. great home built camping. each to his own. camp on. :D

It's been a really long time since I stayed 'off campus', but when I did, it was a royal pain to get in & out by car during peak arrival/departure times. Things may have improved since I had to do it, or having special access transportation might help. But when camping, I can't really see any reason to camp somewhere else unless it would save a LOT of money, or had some other reason to be somewhere else at night anyway. Having all my stuff (and a place to take a nap) within a 15 minute tram ride or walk always seemed better than having to travel to a motel each day.

I haven't been to SNF for a couple of years, but the shower access has never been that bad in the past, unless you pick a 'peak time' to shower. Even then, the longest I remember waiting was maybe 10-15 minutes, & the water's been at least warm, & sometimes actually hot.

FWIW,

Charlie