APACHE 56

Well Known Member
Watched the Team RV perform for the first time today. In a word WoW! Don't miss a chance to see them perform.
Don

2nd

I'll second Don's comments. Didn't see the whole thing, but what I did see was super!

Was there and watched a great Team RV show!

Loops and rolls where great, but the Rejoins looked awesome! Very well done.

These guys do a superb job of representing the RV community on the ground and in the air. The Team RV show is dynamic, fast paced, and action packed. The show is kept in front of the crowd and involves a 4-ship and a 7-ship configuration. These 2 flight groups alternate passes but frequently share show center. Rejoins are very dynamic and occur in sight of the crowd. The Diamond Loops are particularly pretty. I HIGHLY recommend catching one of their shows! :cool:

These guys do a superb job of representing the RV community on the ground and in the air. The Team RV show is dynamic, fast paced, and action packed. The show is kept in front of the crowd and involves a 4-ship and a 7-ship configuration. These 2 flight groups alternate passes but frequently share show center. Rejoins are very dynamic and occur in sight of the crowd. The Diamond Loops are particularly pretty. I HIGHLY recommend catching one of their shows! :cool:

I couldn't have said it better!

These guys do a great job of putting on one outstanding routine!

I took about 15 minutes of video of the show standing next to Van just behind the RV-1. I really don't have an easy way to get the video loaded on here while at SnF but will get it uploaded as soon as I can.

It really was awesome!

Started watching as I walked back from the Mothmen area.

Great formation work, great spectacle, great smoke and above all.........

They were quiet ;)

So many of the airshow acts these days make too much unnecessary noise, Aeroshell as the worst offenders.

A good display should be well presented, well flown and give sufficient presence to make it work.

Well done guys - you achieved it and you were very, very good.

I'm with everyone who posted in support of Team RV - especially Mike! As I have put it to a number of others "they don't ASSAULT your ears!" Call me old, but I just don't enjoy high-pitched growling props day after day at air shows. Maybe the one-time visitor finds it cool, but man...I wish the round-engine guys would dial the blue knob or lever back just a bit!

Way to go Team RV - you look great, even from close behind!

Paul

You are all very kind and from all of us at Team RV, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

It was a thrill and honor for us to perform at SnF. I stood there about 9 years ago with the very early team members, in awe over the Aeroshell team. I watched their grace and beauty.. Their precision...I vowed that day, someday, that would be me. (pic below of that moment)

This week I fulfilled that dream. To loop and roll in front of the huge audience of homebuilders, do it yourselfers, and pilots keeping the dream of flying alive with every rivet they pound, & every wrench they turn.

I had the pleasure of watching Paul perform a high yoyo rejoin on 12 with the RV-1 as we approached SnF from the south. It was darn cool. And to arrive to display a piece of history that so many of my friends worked hard on to get airworthy again.... It was a special moment. An entire group of volunteers worked to get that plane to SnF safely. I was there to see Vans greet the plane for the first time.. Crawling in... Poking around with an eye for seeing it as it was. You had to be there to appreciate it.

Then to fly in front of all those homebuilders.. Hard to get any better than that.

The team had a wirlwind 10 days of 14, yes 14 performances. Geez. From a 12 ship jet truck race, to a night show debut at the Florida International Air Show with my father watching me fly for the first time, to circle the jumpers, to a night race with the jet truck and a wall of flame pyro, to SnF... It was an action packed 10 days. Ive got the best team of men & women there is. Im living my dream.

Thanks to you all for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement.
I guess Ill have to rethink those new props we were gonna ad for the noise and growl
SnF2003Aeroshell.jpg

Last edited:
Reward Offered!

Five dollars to the first to post a picture of Team Aeroshell standing on the ground watching a Team RV performance! :rolleyes:

I've said it before..

...and I'll say it again:

"Team RV is fast becoming THE draw for airshows!"

Thanks for all that you guys do.

Best,