prkaye

Well Known Member
In building the bulkheads, there were lots of places where the plans had me drill various holes for snap bushings. They don't say to put the snap bushings in though. Just wondering, when should i put these in?? Are these bushings included somewhere in my fuselage kit?

Phil,

You will have plenty of time to put them after you rivet the bottom and side skins on. Even if you put them in now and they get in your way in the future, they are easy enough to pop out.

In other words, no hurry.

Install snap bushings later

There is actualy some that you may never use and there is probably some you need to drill holes for afterwards, depending on equipment used.

TIP: If you are installing lots of stuff that requires extra wires in the fuselage (AP servo, remote compas, flap relay, etc.) you may want to change the #7 snap buschings for #8 bushings, they fit in the same hole but have a larger ID.

Regards, PilotTonny

bushings

Seems you will need many more snap bushings than are included in the kit. Pay attention to the one that feeds through the forward spar hole behind the gear mount on A models. This one will need to align with the predrilled hole in the mount. You may need to file out the gear leg bracket to get them in.

Regards...Chris

In building the bulkheads, there were lots of places where the plans had me drill various holes for snap bushings. They don't say to put the snap bushings in though. Just wondering, when should i put these in?? Are these bushings included somewhere in my fuselage kit?
Snap bushings ARE included in some of the numbered hardware bags....check your hardware bag list to find them. Soon, you will find any number of places to install snap bushings not specifically called out in the plans. There is no way Van's can anticipate how you will wire and plumb your airplane. Snap bushings are cheap and I keep a wide selection of them so I have the right size on hand for that custom wiring run. Note they are coded in such a way as to tell you what ID and OD size they are.

Another reason to not worry about snap bushings? One of your local hardware stores likely carries exactly the same ones that come in the kit. Mine does. :D