cdeerinck

Well Known Member
Does anyone have ideas on the best way to smooth the jaggies left by the stepper motors that cut the front of the Vans sign?

I have been using a Scotch-Brite pad, but it is going very slowly. A small flat-file was mostly useless.

Are most of you just doing with it as is?

I don't have a sign, but you might try a Dremel with a suitable tool. If one of their sanding drums will fit, it ought to work.

Dave

I used a small file on my airplane parts but on the sign, it is hanging above a window and you can't see the bumps from the ground.

I left it as-is, I kinda like seeing the manufacturing artifacts. I also put the screws on the front of the sign as I think it looks more industrial.

Does anyone have ideas on the best way to smooth the jaggies left by the stepper motors that cut the front of the Vans sign?

I have been using a Scotch-Brite pad, but it is going very slowly. A small flat-file was mostly useless.

Are most of you just doing with it as is?

I used small files. (flat, 1/2 round, and round) Yes it took more time that the rest of the sign kit did. Do a little, move on to something else, then back to the lettering.

Mine is not perfect but the big jagged pieces are no longer there.

I left it as-is, I kinda like seeing the manufacturing artifacts. I also put the screws on the front of the sign as I think it looks more industrial.

I did the same with AN470AD4 rivets on the front for the same reason.