Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
In the interest of gleaning good ideas from others (and saving time...I'm itching to get things fniished so I can move to the hangar sooooooon), does anyone with a full Classic Aero Aviator interior in a -7 have a Smokin' Airplanes system installed who could give me some tips on how to run the hoses?

I mounted the tank behind the copilot seat. My thoughts are to run the hose down through the mid-fuse floor just forward of the rear spar (and having the carpet modified a little by some local upholstery shop to make clean cutouts for the hoses), then forward...but beyond that, I'm a bit perplexed as to how to run it forward.

I also plan to run the vent aft, all the way to the empennage area, so it's hidden (which shouldn't be hard).

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions? Pics?

As always, TIA...

Steve (who is ready to be *done*...sigh).

I fitted mine in the rear baggage in my 8 and ran a 3/8" Ali fuel pipe under the floor to the front with AN fittings and I also fitted a check valve (andair) on the bulkhead just to be safe (there is one at the pump) it's easier to "loose" The Ali pipe in a finished interior.

Dave

Steve: I don't have the same interior, but I installed mine in a similar fashion (RV-6). My hose runs through the center tunnel, through the spar (RV-6, not -7), and then under my false floor panel before connecting to a 90-degree steel bulkhead fitting on the firewall. I just left my vent tube dangling off the oil reservoir in the baggage compartment with a few loops. Not likely to leak oil in there, so why bother with the fancy vent to the outside?

Good luck,

How I did it

In my 7 I ran the hose from back of right seat just about 8 inches below arm rest behind the aero classic interior. Continued the hose forward, passed ruder pedals then put a 90 degree fitting to move the hose inboard from right skin by about 12 inches. Next the one way valve, another 90 and then exited fwd thru firewall. Plan ahead to deal with firewall stuff that can get in the way. Protect the hoses where necessary with grommets and support with clamps. Once you get started its not a bad job.

In my 7 I ran the hose from back of right seat just about 8 inches below arm rest behind the aero classic interior. Continued the hose forward, passed ruder pedals then put a 90 degree fitting to move the hose inboard from right skin by about 12 inches. Next the one way valve, another 90 and then exited fwd thru firewall. Plan ahead to deal with firewall stuff that can get in the way. Protect the hoses where necessary with grommets and support with clamps. Once you get started its not a bad job.

How'd you get the hose a) behind the interior panels (I have the full CAD Aviator interior) and b) forward of the spar carrythrough structure (along the side???).