jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Who is running this system? Wondering if I should spring for the 7.5 gallon hidden-ish one or the 4.25 gal hidden kit. Anyone have the smaller one and really wish you had the bigger? Cost difference is $100 bucks which isn't too bad at all. Either way I want to install it so that it is removable.

Who is running this system? Wondering if I should spring for the 7.5 gallon hidden-ish one or the 4.25 gal hidden kit. Anyone have the smaller one and really wish you had the bigger? Cost difference is $100 bucks which isn't too bad at all. Either way I want to install it so that it is removable.

I'd advise to read the threads about smoke system helper current situation. Apparently the owner has health issues, yet takes order and payment but does not deliver...

Last edited:
I'd advise to read the threads about smoke system helper current situation. Apparently the owner has health issues, yet takes order and payment but do not deliver...

You are awesome. I had not seen that before. That sucks, really liked the hidden concept. Back to the drawing board it seems.

Anyone got other recommendations?

You are awesome. I had not seen that before. That sucks, really liked the hidden concept. Back to the drawing board it seems.

Anyone got other recommendations?
smoking airplanes is sending products.... i had a 3 week wait but that may not be the case now.. call them, they are helpful

I have a Smoke System Helper and I recently (last month) got ahold of the guy and he helped me with my system that is now running great. I have the 4 gallon tank behind the passenger seat of an RV-7A and it all works great. Don't use it a lot though and my injectors got gummed up over time. Had to remove them and clean them out but it was not a big job at all.

smoking airplanes is sending products.... i had a 3 week wait but that may not be the case now.. call them, they are helpful
I looked at the Smoking Airplanes site recently. The product is very expensive, only includes one injector, and doesn't seem to have tanks custom fit for RVs.
Let's all hope that Smoke System Helpers regains its previous glory. (Or perhaps the company can be sold again. I was thinking it might
be a good fit for Aircraft Specialty Flightlines. https://www.aircraftspecialty.com )

Well due to the recent reviews I don't want to risk it and decided to roll my own. I'm pretty sure I have figured out exactly what Shurflo pump Smoke System Helper is using and ordered one. I also found a site that sells aluminum tanks for a very reasonable price (Boyd Welding). I'll make a write up when I get this thing made; just need to hammer out injector setup and the tubing. I was surprised how little documentation there has been in this area so I'm hoping I can help the community out.

Last edited: