texdog

Well Known Member
I left Sheridan, Wyoming this morning, 55 degrees. Climbed to 9,500 MSL to clear TFR for 163,000 acre fire. We were above most of the smoke layer, but got an unhealthy carbon dioxide warning. Smoke for 400 miles south towards Fredericksbur, Tx. Fuel at Lamar, Co. several Air Force Academy students, I overheard the briefing that we won’t do the low level maneuvers because it’s to rough. I said no, no do them when it’s rough and you really can do it when it’s smooth. Been there done that as an Air Force flight instructor. Left for Sweetwater, Texas for fuel and last leg home. 112 degrees and my smart wife says why don’t we get a room and refuel in the morning when it’s cool. Smart woman, we are now in a cool room with a G and T. Airport gave us a nearly new Chevy Colorado for a crew car. If you get to Sweetwater that is where the WASP trained in WWII and they have a good museum.

It's gettin crazy up here on the fire front. This picture shows just how rapidly that fire spread and still spreading. Tankers were being pulled from all over the place today.

1724375562882.png