RV9798

Well Known Member
:confused: Hi RV friends,

A little while ago I found a link to a very nifty flight planner. This planner not only gives you a the usual (ETA, ETE ect) but also suggest routing for cheapest gas. Could anybody give me that link?

Pete

Many good but my favorite

My favorite, free, is Golden Eagle Basic from DUATS. It will compute fuel burn based on your profile that you put in. Must be installed (current version) on a PC. Many nice features and data is current, TFR's and WX included.

Duats for US only?

hevansrv7a said:
My favorite, free, is Golden Eagle Basic from DUATS. It will compute fuel burn based on your profile that you put in. Must be installed (current version) on a PC. Many nice features and data is current, TFR's and WX included.

I thought that one need to have a US pilot licence to access DUATS?

Maybe

RV9798 said:
I thought that one need to have a US pilot licence to access DUATS?
That may be true. Mine is U.S. Don't know. Anyhow, you can download it from the internet and I don't think the license is an issue. If that doesn't work, send me an address and I'll send you a CD.

RV9798 said:
Does it do fues as well?

Pete

(I assume you meant "fuel") In terms of the information related to fuel, it calculates total fuel and fuel for climb/cruise/descent, for all "applicable" altitudes. It highlights the best altitude(s) for economy and speed. The calculations are based on your aircraft profile (entered by you) and forecast winds aloft. As for fuel pricing and stop planning, it interfaces with AirNav.

Jim