Ron B.

Well Known Member
Made a short flight yesterday to New Glasgow, NS, 1 hr 20 min. While there a 412 military helicopter landed for fuel. Went over and was chatting with the crew. I asked them if they ever flew an R22 ? Fly a piston powered aircraft, are you nuts. I then said a home built Rotorway helicopter would certainly not fit your bill( I use to fly both). I asked where they flew out of and they were from Gagetown NB. The pilot I was speaking to was from Ottawa. The other pilot asked my friend where we were out of? Our village is so small our neibours don't know we exist so he said just south of Yarmouth. The pilot I'm speaking to says his father is from a small village south of Yarmouth called Pubnico, he was from Middle East Pubnico. I looked at his name tag and it had the name D'Entremont on it . My two friends with me were both D'Entremont's. His dad was only two miles from my house. I did not know his dad as he had moved out to Ottawa fifty years ago , but I know his uncle very well.
Ron

Helicopter pilots who have only flown turbines would roll up into a ball a piston helicopter if they had to fly one (as you probably already know). Glenn